Saturday 20 October 2012

Article

Articles have been derived from Determiners and the Determiners have been derived from Adjectives. Adjective is one of the parts of speech.
Article
1. Definite Article       2. Indefinite Article
    The                              a/an
Points to Remember
I. Article is used before noun
II. Article is NOT used before adjective alone.
III. Article is used before adjective + noun

Let's Do
1. I have ____ book. ( noun)
    I have a book. ( article used before noun)
2. He is ____ honest. ( adjective )
    He is honest. (no article used before adjective )
3. She is ____ honest girl. ( adj + noun )
    She is an honest girl. ( article used before adj+noun )


Use of 'an'
I. If there appears any vowel's sound followed by a black.
example.
1. I have ___ umbrella.
    I have an umbrella.
2. He is ____ S.H.O.
    He is an S.H.O.