Thursday 29 December 2011

Narration

Narration is also called Direct-Indirect or Reported speech.
Present
1. He says , '' I am a teacher.'' (Direct)
A. He says that he is a teacher.'' ( Indirect )
2. She says to me, '' You are not my friend.''
A. She tells me that I am not her friend.      
3. I say , '' I am working in a school.''
A. I say that I am working in a school.
4. They say to us, '' You are good people.''
A. They tell us that we are good people.
Past
5. He said, '' She is a nurse."
A. He said that she was a nurse.
6. Rani said to me, '' I was waiting for you.''
A. Rani told me that she had been waiting for me.
Past Interrogative
7. She said to me, '' Do you play football?''
A. She asked me if I played football.
Wh family word
8. I said to him, '' Where was he going?''
A. I asked him where he had been going.
Imperative
9. Father said to son, '' Post the letter.''
A. Father ordered son to post the letter.
Exclamatory
10. The book-seller said to me, '' Sorry, I don't have English book.
A. The book-seller exclaimed with regret that he didn't have English book.